Applying for a school place
Peregrinate School is responsible for all its own admissions.
Parents seeking a place for their child in any year group, should contact us at the earliest opportunity.
The number of places available for admission is 150, and this is across all year groups. Pupils will be admitted without reference to ability or aptitude.
Where the number of applicants for admission exceeds the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to determine how places are awarded:
- ‘Looked after’ children, including ‘previously looked after’, as defined by the School Admissions Code, 2012.
- Children who will have an older sibling attending the School up to and including Year 11 at the time of the applicant’s proposed admission. This includes half/step or adopted brothers or sisters, who are living at the same address as part of the same family unit. Except when the older sibling obtained a place solely because he or she was in possession of a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Educational Healthcare Plan that names Peregrinate School.
Unsuccessful applicants may ask to be placed on a waiting list and considered for any places that may arise in the future. These waiting lists will be maintained to the end of the academic year that your child has applied for.
Under the terms of the School Standards Framework Act 1998 you have the right to appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel against any decision made by the School. Parents who wish to exercise this right must state their intention either in writing or via the school’s email [email protected] within 28 days of receipt of notification letter.
IN-YEAR ADMISSION INTO YEARS 7-11 DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR SEPTEMBER 2017
This section applies to applicants applying for places outside the normal admissions process:
- Pupils wishing to change schools
- Pupil moving into the area
- Pupils excluded from their school
Waiting lists are maintained for these year groups and any places that become available will be awarded strictly in accordance with the School’s published Admissions Policy at that date, with the pupil who has been on the waiting list for the longest time being awarded the place. These waiting lists will be maintained to the end of the academic year (September – July) that your child has applied for.